I this tutorial, I’m gonna introduce with another very powerful design software that can be a very good alternative to Adobe Illustrator.
Affinity Designer very young software but it has all kind of tools to work with vectors. Interface and some tools looking and working like in Illustrator.
When you’ll first begin work with Affinity Designer you’ll little bit confused as structure off tools little bit different and tools also working differently.
But after a short time, you’ll get familiar with it.
In this post, I’m gonna review interface of Affinity Designer.
Affinity Designer has dark interface and design will remind you Illustrator interface if you are Illustrator user.
- As in all software on top, you can see the main drop-down menu.
- Below drop-down menu you can see some navigation and customize tools.
- Below it you can see another toolbar where you can see all features of selected tool and objects. Right now it says No selection as nothing selected.
- Also, you can see here floating toolbar as in other software. Here you’ll find all drawing and modifying tools.
- On right side, you also available tool panels with different functionality.
This is the standard dialog box but you can hide or show them bu going to View->STUDIO from top menu. From this menu, you can control all of them.
- At the bottom of affinity designer, you’ll see information panel that gives you some tips about selected objects and tools.
The designer has many other tools to customize software and your taste but about this, I’ll talk in other lessons. To get notification about new tutorial Subscribe to the newsletter on right side.
On the top left side, you can see 3 different options. These options are standard interfaces for different purposes. Here it calls persona.
Right now is Draw personas you can also change between pixel persona and export persona.
Evey person has its own tool on the toolbar. Some of the tools available only on selected persona.
For new beginners, it looks a little bit confused but after some time you’ll see how this tool is simple and powerful.
Below you can watch video tutorial.