In this tutorial I’ll introduce you very cool vector design software and that Inkscape. Most cool part of this software is this it's totally free. But notwithstanding to this fact, it's very powerful and easy to use the software.
In this first tutorial, I’ll introduce you to this software interface.
Inkscape interfaces very simple and very close to CorelDraw interface. Ex Coreldraw users will adapt very easily.
Let’s see how Inkscape interface structured.
- As in every software on top, you can see the main drop-down menu where you can find all tools of Inkscape
- Below you can see most used tools like copy paste zoom and others. This toolbar changing based on selected tool or object
- On left side, you can see design toolbar. In this toolbar, you can find frequently used drawing and modifying tools.
- Below at the bottom, you can see the color panel and this panel also looking like In CorelDraw but it working a little bit different.
- Below Color panel, you can see here information panel and also you can see here layer dropdown menu.
- On the right side, you can see tool panel and also here you’ll see tools dialog box. If base on a tool that you’ll use. Some tools have dialog box panel some of them not.
As you can see an interface very simple. Unfortunately, you can customize interface freely but Inkscape has predefined views.
You can find them in View menu. At bottom of menu, you’ll see 3 different menus
Let’s change it to Custom. You can switch between these modes. But there is no big difference between their view.
This video was the first tutorial about Inkscape and if you want to learn more about this software and other design software then subscribe to the form on right side.